Monday, April 13, 2009

Tea Break at the Malaysian Business Network Gathering

After much planning and thinking of a menu, I finally had things cooked and was on my way to the Malaysian Business Network meet up on Saturday, 11 April.

I shared my car with two trays of tuna sandwiches, a tray of cocktail sausages and three cakes. together with Sonia. She was the most helpful thing!

Apple & Cinnamon cake and Rich Chocolate Mud CakeTwo Apple & Cinnamon cakes and one Rich Chocolate Mud Cake

As food sponsor of the tea break, I was given 5 minutes to speak about my business. I told the audience about how I've loved baking since I was 14 years old and would sometimes phone up my grand-aunt for tips. I also mentioned the start of this blog and highlighted some of my special cakes and plans for future business growth.

Speaking about Velvet Vintage at the Malaysian Business Network gatheringMy 5-minute presentation

It was a great opportunity to build contacts with other small business owners and learn from them too. I'm also glad to know that my food was appreciated and packed by some to be taken home :).

After the event, Sonia and I missed three U-turns heading back to Petaling Jaya, (the event was in Cheras and I've never driven there before!) so we decided to bring the food over to my Aunt Jasmine's place. Once the food was almost polished off, we headed back to our place to prepare for Easter Mass.

It was a tiring day, but I must say it was awesome fun!

Happy Easter, all. Have a blessed year ahead.

No comments: